It has become popular to put a trampoline in a garden of a house. Usually, it can be done by sinking it in the ground. Doing this has several advantages. First, goes like this it won’t spoil the look of the garden as it is less visible. With a sunken trampoline, safety enclosure can be ignored. It saves the budget. Second are lesser chances of injuries so that people don’t get themselves hurt. Third is, children can play on it without any elderly assistance. Lastly, you don’t need to move the trampoline thus preventing damage to the grass which lies under the grass.
So a sunken trampoline is suitable if you want to install a trampoline in the garden. It is simple, safer, less intrusive and a popular one.
Building a Trampoline:
Below are the tips if you wish to set up a trampoline on the ground.
1. Size: You have to work out on the trampoline size. It depends on the space you have got in the garden where the ground is apt to be dug for the installation. The cost to dig the hole in the ground and to get rid of soil has to be remembered during the process. Usually, a larger trampoline is recommended, so it is suitable for both children and elders. Also keep in mind that a space of about 1 meter is required around the trampoline which acts as a safety zone.
2. Color and Shape: Almost all the garden trampolines are usually round. It is because round shape attracts the bouncer to the center and it is the considered as the safest way. A hexagonal shape and rectangular shape Trampolines might not be a pleasing shape of the trampoline to be put into the ground. Color has to be a different one so that it should be clearly visible to the people where the trampoline starts, and ground stops.
3. Wish to Purchase a Trampoline: Atlantic Trampolines is one company that offers a broad range of trampoline sizes. The company is known for its reliable and durable products. Galvanization of trampoline frames both inside and outside increases the protection from rust. It is important as the trampoline legs have to be in the water for a longer period. So you have to buy a trampoline keeping a thought that it is not ideal to replace trampolines frequently.
4. Marking the area of Trampoline: Mark the area where trampoline needs to be fitted. Do this step with at most accuracy such that the hole is good enough to place a trampoline. As circular trampoline is preferable, mark the circumference with some paint or flour. It is done to mark the edge of the hole.
5. Digging the right hole: Digging a hole can be made using hand or by a mechanical digger. Also, you can do it by yourself or employ a person who does these works. It may take couple days to complete digging the hole.
6. Soil: Soil which comes out during digging the hole can be kept aside for further use if it is of good quality. If necessary, water the soil so that its quality remains unchanged.
7. Hole Depth: Depth of the hole has to be same as that of trampoline height. As we are using a sunken trampoline and it has to be at ground level, we dig the hole to a depth which equals to trampoline height. It is also advisable to place trampoline 4 inches above the ground level so that it allows air to escape during bouncing. Air vents are used so that limbs don’t get trapped during bouncing.
8. Drainage: The hole which lies underneath the trampoline has to drain well if in case children use a hose on the trampoline or if it rains. The idea of a sunken trampoline is not possible if water gets logged. It may lead to digging an extra trench inside the pit as it creates a soak away at the bottom of the pit.
9. Preventing edge collapse – Maintaining the integrity of walls of the hole is also an essential one. It depends on the soil you have used. The firm soil is ideal for this however if soil is sandy then a support system has to be employed to avoid dangerous consequences.
10. Air movement – As you bounce on the trampoline, air has to flow freely in and out of the hole. A suggestion here is to fix 4 inches flexible pipe at equal intervals around the trampoline rather than leaving a gap around the trampoline. It allows air to escape and enter the trampoline.
11. Create a donut – The versatile idea is to put a donut ring around the edges of the trampoline. It makes it more fun as the children enjoy so much as they can jump from the top on to the trampoline and run down through it quickly. It can be done by making a ring using soil. You can fill gaps between hole and trampoline using the excavated soil.
Conclusion: Trampoline gives happiness both for children and elders. One can easily end up putting a trampoline on the ground by following these simple steps.